A mechanical watch is a very complex machine we take for granted. Every day we take a few seconds glance to see the time without considering that it takes hundreds of pieces all working simultaneously to provide us with this important information (making sure we are on time throughout the day). As a result parts begin to wear and the lubricants dry out and that little machine needs some TLC. We therefore recommend that all mechanical and quartz watches are serviced every three to five years.
At Robin Martin & Partners we can offer you an accredited repair on your Rolex, Omega, Tissot, Rado, Longines, Mido, Hamilton, Balmain, Cartier, Tag Heuer and many more. With the right tooling and equipment, genuine replacement parts and ongoing training and inspection from the manufacturers you can rest assured that your service will be carried out to brand specific standards and specifications and will have undergone the following steps:
- We open the case and examine the general condition of the watch which is the basis on which we provide our free estimate.
- We then remove the bracelet and dismantle all case parts, seals and gaskets for cleaning and refurbishment where applicable.
- The case parts are then reassembled and pressure tested to check water resistance ready to house the movement on completion of the service.
- The dial, hands and movement parts are then fully dismantled and each individual part is inspected to identify any broken or worn parts.
- All worn/broken parts are repaired or replaced and the movement is then ultrasonically cleaned and checked before assembling.
- The movement is then assembled and lubricated in accordance to brand specific standards & specifications, functioning of the movement is checked and regulated where applicable
- The dial and hands are refitted and the movement cased up and final water resistance check is carried out.
- The watch is then time tested for 48 to 72hrs to confirm the rate is stable and the automatic work is functioning correctly where applicable.
- On successful completion of the service all functions of the watch are tested over a further 48hr period before being returned to you.
In most cases we will complete your watch service within 14 days dependant on the spares required and stock availability and our service comes with a 12 month or 2 year guarantee dependant on brand and model.
Servicing carried out on brands such as Calvin Klein, Cartier, Certina, Christian Dior, D&G, Gucci, Hamilton, Longines, Omega, Raymond Weil, Rado, Rolex, Seiko, Tag, Tissot, T.W Steel, Zenith and many more...
- Genuine parts fitted.
- Standard Tag and Omega servicing starts from just £180.00 for quartz models and £250.00 for mechanical models.
- Standard Rolex servicing from £375.00.
- Servicing for other brands start from just £36.00 for quartz watches and from £70.00 for mechanical watches.
Watch Case & Strap refurbishment
Metal bracelets ultrasonically cleaned and hand polished to make your watch look like new again.
Included as standard with a watch service on all high end brands such as Rolex, Omega, Tag etc.
Our workshop is open on Tuesday's, Thursday's & Friday's from 10am till 5pm. But don't worry if you cannot get to us during our opening hours, just call us on 07411 713020 to arrange an appointment in person. (Facetime and Skype appointments coming soon). Alternatively post your repair to 273 New Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO2 7RA
Authorised Service Centre